Student Web Links
- ABC Order- Catch a flying consonant or the ABC train. Great language building skills; K-5th grade.
- Alphabet Action- See and hear everything from A to Z. Wonderful phonics tools.
- Calendar Fun- Make a date with this fun calendar. Kids can fill in the lost dates or make their own personal, fun calendar.
- Letter and Number Formation- This activity provides a good model for learners starting to write letters and numbers.
- Matching Letters- Help Leo the Lobster put the right letters with the right words.
- Mighty Book- Mighty Book is a powerhouse of learning that's helping kids around the world read and speak.
- Preschool Activities- Letters, numbers, shapes, words.
- Preschool Library- Loads of on-line stories in both English and Spanish
- Rhyming Words- What rhymes with glue? Reggie the Rhino needs your help.
- Things That Belong- Does an airplane belong in a home? Help Nina figure out what goes where.
- Good Night Stories- Would you like to hear a story, make your own story or listen to a story? Also great printable coloring pages
- Power Proofreading- Oops, spell check is broken. Can you proofread the story before it goes on the air?
- Touch Typing- A complete touch typing course suitable for all ages. Exercises start with the home keys and progress to typing sentences.
- Wacky Web Tales- Answer some "innocent" questions and watch them become a hilarious, wacky tale! Very fun!
Language Arts Skill Builders
- Kindergarten- How well can you follow directions? Listen to Tina and she'll help you.
- 1st Grade- Wide range of language arts tools. Games, worksheets, word searches and much more.
- 2nd Grade- What exactly is a short A or a long E?
- 3rd Grade- What does it mean to compare and contrast? Read a story then test your skills.
- 4th Grade- Huge site. Anything and everything Language Arts has to offer. Student interactive.
- 5th Grade- Challenging, interactive variety for students. Very broad, complete Language Arts site.
Listen to Reading
- AOL Kid Stories -- Select from animal stories, fairy talkes, rhyming and more.
- Highlights Story Player -- Early elementary readers have fun with a purpose.
- Kiddie Records Weekly -- Classics from the Golden Age.
- Leading to Reading Preschool -- Stories for preschoolers and early readers.
- Leading to Reading Toddler -- Enjoy stories, nursery rhymes, lullabies.
- Light Up Your Brain -- Audio stories for kids read by Chuck Brown.
- Magic Keys -- Children's storybooks for kids of all ages.
- Raz-Kids -- Animated books for reading practice. Subscription required.
- Read Between the Lions -- Folktales and fables for young readers.
- Robert Munch Reads -- A great story teller reads to children.
- Speakaboo -- Large collection of fables, nursery rhymes, fairy talkes, folk tales, and favorites.
- Starfall -- Stories for beginner to more fluent readers.
- Storyline Online -- Streaming video of actors reading children's books.
- Storynory - Numerous stories for older students.
- Story Place -- Preschool and elementary library of audio stories.
- Storyteller -- More than 100 stories for kids of all ages.
- Ziggity Zoom -- Interactive stories abou t a princess, a pirate, Curious Baby, BunBun, Beakley, and more.
- Narnia Games- Discover fun mazes, puzzles and games featuring all seven titles on The Chronicles of Narnia.
- Narnia Games- Prove your Narnia knowledge and dare to answer all seven questions
- Narnia Chronology- Learn everything there is to know about the wondrous world of Narnia in this interactive timeline.
- Accelerated Reader Book Find - Search the AR database online.
- Diamante Poems - Use this generator to create your diamante poem.
- Wordle - Generate word clouds”from text that you provide.
- Pattern Blocks- Have fun learning fractions. How many triangles does it take to equal a hexagon?
- Base Ten Blocks- Great way to learn place value as well as all basic arithmetic.
- Guess the Number- Read my mind and guess the number. Great way to learn "bigger/smaller" numeric placement.
- Sum Sense Addition- Can you unshuffle these number cards to make "sum" sense?
- Sum Sense Subtract- Can you unshuffle these number cards to ge the correct "sum sense?"
- Rounding Off- Can you round off to the nearest 1's, 10's, 100's? What if I throw in a decimal?
- Mean, Median, Range- Learn how to measure data, find the average, mean, range.
- Frequency Tables- Can you gather data? Can you take that data and make it into a pie chart?
- Probability- What are the chances that you can catch a red fish in a tank full of mostly blue ones? Great way to learn fractions.
- Bar Grapher- Make your own personal bar graph.
- Tangram Puzzles- Practice your geometry savvy with this classic 7-piece puzzle.
- Banana Hunt- Help your monkey friend locate bananas with your knowledge of angles and degress.
- Alien Angles- Save the universe by determing the correct angle needed to shoot down the alien spaceship.
- Rectangle Area/Perimeter- Amy and her brother, Ben, explain how to find the area and perimeter of rectangles.
- 2D Shapes- How fast can you recognize two-dimensional shapes?
- Faces- How many FACES on these geometric figures?
- Vertices- How many VERTICES on these geometric figures?
- Rotate, Reflect, Translate- What do you see when you look in a mirror? What happens when you move?
- Protractor Practice- Use this on-screen protractor to measure angles. Your margin of error is only 1 degree, however.
- Shape Surveyor- You'll never know what you'll find if you dig geometry. Learn about perimeter and area.
- More Perimeter/Area- Want a real challenge? Journey into the perimeter and area of rectangles and complex figures.
- 3D Shapes- How fast can you recognize three-dimensional shapes?
- Edges- How many EDGES on these geometric figures?
- Faces, Edges, Vertices- Not for the faint of heart. How good is your perception?
- Place Value Puzzler- Identify place value to the thousands place.
- Place Value Pirates- Learn about decimal place value by finding the buried treasure.
- Place Value Strategy- Use your knowledge of decimal place value against the skill of the robot.
- Scooter Quest- Help Jimmy earn money and learn about decimal place value.
Measurement, Money, Time
- About Time- Choose from Time Passing, Setting the Clock, What Time Is It? activities to develop concepts of time.
- Making Change- Show the cashier, Harvey, how to make the correct change.
- Water Puzzle- Can you fill a 3ml container with 4ml of water?
- Weight- Do you know a kilogram from a pound? What is a metric system?
- Time Clock- What time is it? Put the hands where they belong and tell me.
- Count Me In- Choose from Hear the Number, Find the Number, or Time Tables Stations.
- Rounding- Have fun rounding off a given number to the nearest 1's, 10's, 100's, 1,000's.
- Multiflyer- It's the year 3074 and the planet needs your help. Use your multiplying skills to save it.
- Numerical Order- Help to build a ladder by placing the bricks in their proper place value.
- Fractions, Decimals, Percent- Good introductions to fractions, decimals and percentages.
- Math Baseball- Will you hit a home run or will you be OUT? Find the correct sum to these basic problems to find out.
- The Factor Game- Test your skills against the computer or your best friend.
- Convert Improper Fractions- Practice converting improper fractions to mixed numbers.
- Fraction Eaters- Find the equivalent fractions before you are captured...and eaten.
- Rectangle Fraction Multiplication- Visualize and practice multiplying fractions using an area representation.
- Fresh Baked Fractions- Of the 4 fractions shown, which one does not belong?
- Speed Math- Quick, what's 5x5? See how fast you can add, subtract, multiply and divide.
- Multiplication: Table Mountain- Be King/Queen of the mountain by correctly answering multiplying facts.
- Multiplication: Hidden Picture- With each correct answer, the picture will be revealed.
- Factors, Multiples, Primes, Powers- Tell Hypathia the right number and she'll give you a prize.
- Convert Mixed Numbers- Practice converting mixed numbers to improper fractions.
- Make-a-Match- Can you put Melvin's potions back in place by finding the equivalent fractions?
- Calculator Chaos- Most of the keys have fallen off the calculator. You must calculate using few numbers and functions.
- Coordinates- Learn your coordinates and find your way back to earth.
- Expressions- Learn how letters and numbers interact to create a sum, known as an expression.
- Equation Match- Find the matching set and reveal the full picture.
Everyday Mathematics Resources
- Kindergarten- Basic counting, measurements, patterns, money value, geometry...great games.
- 1st Grade- Loads of fun games covering patterns, measurements, place value and much more.
- 2nd Grade- Everyday math skills including place value, time, 2,3-D shapes. Plenty to play.
- 3rd Grade- Dozens of games covering everything from addition to geometry.
- 4th Grade- Fun, quick games covering data, estimating, geometry to name a few
- 5th Grade- Various games covering number theory, estimation computation, geometry and much more.
Learn about the lanugage of math, use tools to help you solve problems, and play games that relate to your units of study if Math at Lake Hills
Basic Math Skills
- 1st Grade
- 2nd Grade
- 3rd Grade
- 4th Grade
- 5th Grade
- Rain Forest Maths- A great kindergarten through sixth grade site from our Ausie friends down under. Select a grade level and discover a jungle of interactive activities in mathematics: numbers, operations, calculations, strategies, patterns, measurement, algebra, geometry, probability, and data analysis.
- Biomes- Learn about our planet and the creatures that inhabit it.
- Biome Basics- Learn about the 7 biomes that make up our planet. Teacher and student friendly.
- Chemistry for Kids- Everything from an atom to a periodic table. Friendly for students and teachers.
- Light & Sound- Is seeing really believing? Check out these optical illusions.
- Science Vocabulary Builder- Log in with Username "michigan" and Password "science" for help with your science vocabulary (case sensitive)
- Sunrise/Sunset Calculator- Determine the time the sun will rise and set in a designated location.
- Matter & Energy- Everything science. Take great Internet field trips
- Reaction Time- How fast are you? Count the sheep to find out.
- Solid Earth (Minerals)- Interactive way to learn about minerals and metals.
- Stop It- Calling all scientists! Experiment with friction. Can you make the vehicle stop in time?
- Weather Whiz Kids- Learn everything there is to know about weather.
- Habitats- Travel around the world and see for yourself, all it has to offer.
- Jungle Walk- Extensive pictorial site of every animal species you can think of.
- Texas Parks & Wildlife- See the natural beauty. Fun kid games to test your knowledge of the great outdoors.
- eNature Field Guides- Search, browse, and learn about more than 5,500 plants and animals.
- Monterey Bay Aquarium- This field guide featuring aquatic habitats also includes information about amphibians, birds, fishes, invertebrates, and more.
- National Wildlife Federation- Everything from endangered animals to global warming.
- Seaworld Animals- Go on an expedition or swim with Shamu.
- National Geographic Animals- Amphibians, birds, bugs, fish, invertebrates, and mammals are all here.
- Fossils - A Learning Zone site that explains the fossilization process and providessome examples.
- Exploration Through Time - Students can learn about the fossilization record and how fossils form.
Objects In The Sky
- Astronomy for Kids- Learn about the solar system, deep space, exploration, and more.
- Galactic Glossary- Here is an excellent A-Z glossary of space terminology.
- Windows to the Universe- This site features consellation myths from several cultures and facts about our solar system.
- Amazing Space- Discover stars, black holes, the history of space, comets, asteroids and much more.
- NASA Kids- Get a close up look at our space program.
- Planet Facts- Each planet has its own page with interesting and little known facts. There's even information about the ex-planet, Pluto.
- Cosmos 4 Kids- If you are looking for astronomy basics and the science of the stars, visit this site.
- Moon Phases 1
- Moon Phases 2
- Moon Phases 3
- Welcome to the Planets- This is a collection of many of the best images and information from NASA's planetary exploration program.
- Arty Astronaut- Learn about Sputnik, Pioneer 10, comets, meteors, the Space Shuttle, the Hubble Telescope, and more.
- Astronaut Flight Lounge- Bring outer space down to earth. Full of NASA information.
- NASA Education
- National Geographic Solar System- This is an outstanding resource for information about our cosmic neighborhood.
Forces and Motion
- Newton's Laws- Check out the free clip art, templates, and PowerPoint presentations based on Sir Isaac Newton's physics.
- Motion & Forces- Here's a presentation you can view online or download.
- Dirtmeister's Simple Machines- Learn about the six types from the science master himself.
- The Elements of Machines- Learn about these basic elements of how simiple machines function.
- Edhead's Simple Machines- Learn about simple and compound machines while you explore the House and Tool Shed.
- InQuiry Almanack- Visit here to make your work your pushing, pulling, and lifting a lot easier
- MI Kids Simple Machines- A great resource with links so you can learn more about how stuff works.
- School Zone- Here are the answers to some commonly asked questions about simple machines.
- Geonet- Conquer the world or just the United States. Great geographical games for all ages.
- GEOGRAPHY GAMES
- Geography Map Snaps - How fast can you place the puzzle pieces in the map?
- National Geographic Kids- Play a game, watch a video do an activity or read a story. Fun for all.
- National Geographic Maps- Find Grand Haven or Sri Lanka. Lake Michigan or The Dead Sea.
- U.S. Factfinder- Housing, People, Government, Census information...informative site.
- U.S. Quick Facts- Information about people, business and geography from coast to coast.
- African American History- See and learn the faces of medicine, politics, science, entertainment and more.
- George Washington- Solve a puzzle, take a quiz, become a sleuth detective.
- Martin Luther King, Jr.- Listen to his famous "I Have A Dream" speech. Learn about the man and his mission.
- Michigan Historical Markers- Find everything imaginable about Michigan, then an now.
- Lewis and Clark Expedition- Do you believe Lewis & Clark were the first pioneers to venture West?
- Mission U.S.- A revolutionary way to learn American history.
- Slavery and the Making of America- An amazing PBS site that focuses on the impact of slavery in America.
- Underground Railroad- A candid, historical look at our history of slavery.
- Ben's Guide to Government- Ben Franklin teaches you everything you need to know, from our Founding Fathers to our Courts. Fun games, too.
- Michigan Kids- Kid friendly, fun facts about Michigan.
- White House for Kids- Fun, inviting way for kids to get into politics. Very interactive.
Current Events, Economics
- Time for Kids- Broad range of national/global news. Lots of trivia games. Compliments TFK.
- Quarter Backs Quiz- Great quiz! How well can you identify our state quarters, without text?
- Fifth Grade Social Studies- This online tutorial and practice quiz site will help you study for each unit test.
- Grand Haven Elemenetary Spanish- Visit our Spanish teacher's website and find information about class activities.
- Know Your Numeros- Click the numbers along the top of the screen to participate in 9 different number practice games.
- ¿Qué Color Es?- Tell La Rana Freda what color you see.
- Colores Simon- Repeat the color pattern that the toes show you, listen and watch closely!
- Know Your Formas- Click on the numbers along the top of the page and participate in 6 different shapes practice games.
- Los Meses del Año- Learn all of the months of the year.
- ¡Viva México!- Puzzle piece together the 31 different states of Mexico.
- Bicycle Race Game- Show your vocabulary skills!! Beat the computer in this English/Spanish vocabulary race.
- Animales and More- Learn and practice your vocabulary for ALL kinds of animals!
- ABC’s- Want to learn your abc’s in Spanish? Practice here!
More Links for Grades 4-5
- Know Your Numbers Continued- Match the numbers with the number words.
- Piñata Concentration- New and old vocabulary practice. Listen closely to collect your candies.
- Los Meses del Año Continued- More with the months of the year!
- Hangman Puzzle- Guess the Spanish-speaking country name before you hang-your-man.
- I Know That- This is your one stop shopping for learning skills for life.
- Halloween Safety Game- If you plan to go door to door trick-or-treating, you should play.
- Jigzone- Choose your level of difficulty in this jigsaw puzzle paradise.
- Mancala- Play this African bean game against George (the computer).
- SoftSchool- This site provides free math and grammar quizzes, worksheets, and games.
- Touch Typing- A complete touch typing course suitable for all ages. Exercises start with the home keys and progress to typing sentences.